WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CRYSTAL AND A MINERAL?
- Things About Crystals– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urq8SuPMZ_w&t=124s
- “A crystal is a solid example of a mineral!” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQB4Hwi4O-M LISTEN: WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR A CRYSTAL TO FORM?
HOW DO MINERALS FORM
- WHAT IS A MINERAL??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnG9eDfJRY
- FIVE PART DEFINITION OF A MINERAL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnG9eDfJRY
- How Do Minerals Form??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYvye0CVbU0
- MY FAVORITE: How Do Minerals Form- Three Major Ways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HT0UZBmfhs
- Mineral Formation From Living Organisms Example:
- Formation of the Great Barrier Reef– “A group of tiny organisms called coral polyps dies. The animals, which had attached themselves to the ocean floor near the shoreline, leave behind their hard, limestone skeletons. These, in turn, form a base for the next generation of polyps. And on and on. Today — billions of polyps later — that limestone floor has grown to support the world’s largest structure made by living organisms.”
- From: https://online.kidsdiscover.com/unit/ecosystems/topic/coral-reefs#
- Coral Reef in Maine- https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/12/131211070444.htm
- How do Minerals Form- short, easy article- https://sciencing.com/how-minerals-formed-4619330.html