How these maps track ocean currents:
- Data marker buoys in the ocean send radio signals for us to follow where they start and end.
- Satellites like Poseidon and Jason observe ocean currents from space by measuring sea surface height.
- And underwater robots like Argo track deep ocean currents.
- INTERACTIVE MAPS
- See air currents on the surface of the earth: https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-44.26,30.74,295
- Gulf Stream Sea Surface Currents and Temperature- https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/details.cgi?aid=3913
- NOAA Ocean Currents- https://www.noaa.gov/education/resource-collections/ocean-coasts-education-resources/ocean-currents
- BNTSG- Ocean Currents- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWhUJ-xs2WE