Brain Pop- Chemical Changes and Physical Changes with Tim and Moby– http://glencoe.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl/free/0078617650/160350/00044680.html
Physical Properties- characteristic of a substance that can be observed without changing a substance. Examples include color, size, state, taste, smell.
Chemical change/reaction– chemical properties change and a different substance is produced. Basically, this is what happens so that one substance changes into a different substance. Chemical changes cannot be reversed. Example, iron reacts with oxygen and water to form rust.
Physical change– the physical properties change but the type of substance stays the same. Physical changes can be reversed.
Change of state– things move from one state of matter to another by PHYSICAL means such as heating or cooling.
- Chemical and Physical Properties- http://www.files.chem.vt.edu/RVGS/ACT/notes/Properties_of_Matter.html
- Physical Properties of Matter- http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/104Aphysprop.html
- Chemical Properties of Matter- http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/105Achemprop.html
- Physical and Chemical Properties- http://www.iun.edu/~cpanhd/C101webnotes/matter-and-energy/properties.html
- Chemical Changes- http://www.ric.edu/faculty/ptiskus/chemical/
- Reversible and Irreversible Changes- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/scienceclips/ages/10_11/rev_irrev_changes.shtml
- BBC GAME Solving the Mystery- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/science/materials/changes_materials/play.shtml
- Physical or Chemical Change- http://www.quia.com/quiz/303980.html
- Properties and Changes of Matter- http://glencoe.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0078600472/student_view0/unit6/chapter20/section_1_self-check_quiz-eng_.html
- Properties of Matter- http://www.quia.com/jg/2202.html