THE CRYOSPHERE- UP CLOSE!
OUTPUT from page 26 of your science journal. This will go under your squirrel drawing.
- ANSWER IN YOUR JOURNAL:
- How are the hydrosphere and cryosphere related?
- Why is the cryosphere important all on its own? How does it impact and is impacted by other spheres? Give examples to support your thinking.
- RESOURCE FOR UNDERSTANDING:
- GLOBAL WARMING
- THE CRYOSPHERE
- NASA A Short Tour of the Cryosphere– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTVF29Skmw
- All About the Cryosphere– https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/allaboutcryosphere.html
- Climate and the Cryosphere– http://serc.carleton.edu/eslabs/cryosphere/index.html
- The Cryosphere and Global Climate Change– http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/polar/cryosphere_climate1.html&edu=high&dev=1Tobias
WHAT IS PERMAFROST? “Permafrost is a permanently frozen layer below the Earths surface. It consists of soil, gravel, and sand, usually bound together by ice. Permafrost usually remains at or below 0C (32F) for at least two years.
Permafrost can be found on land and below the ocean floor. It is found in areas where temperatures rarely rise above freezing. This means permafrost is often found in Arctic regions such as Greenland, the U.S. state of Alaska, Russia, China, and Eastern Europe.” http://nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/permafrost/
ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
- P3- Comments: http://linoit.com/users/fitzk/canvases/P3%20Cryosphere%20Importance%2FImpact
- P4- Comments: http://linoit.com/users/fitzk/canvases/P4-%20Cryosphere%20Importance%2FImpact