METRIC MEASUREMENT QUIZLET: https://quizlet.com/_1jr7qe
We have the MEA’s this coming week and to get ready for the test (and for science experiments) we are going to be practicing how to measure using the metric system.
- Work with your group members to do this warm-up which is printed and handed out in class. March 28th Warm-Up: Measurement
- WATCH this video and then recheck your measurements. Measuring to the nearest CM and MM at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQjDLWdk0M
- Correct as a class.
- WATCH: Where did our measurement systems come from? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQPQ_q59xyw&index=3&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUe__09jFRlhDBdf53J5791T
- Go to Notability
- Create a new subject called: Being a Scientist
- Download this document into that subject: Intro to Metric Overview
- Review the information.
- GREAT IMAGE- https://www.tes.com/lessons/F0yr59JU0-YDhw/metric-measurement
PRACTICE- Measuring Length Mini Lab: measurementlab_length
- The Metric System Film (an OLDIE BUT GOODIE) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYn5UJ76h1Y&index=6&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUe__09jFRlhDBdf53J5791T
- SING IT: The Metric System Song– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djTNUp4XIRo&index=5&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUe__09jFRlhDBdf53J5791T