WARM-UP: Check your carbon facts at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IT-8VcbshuQa_2tCaZ5MntsM9Biwxv1EtqQH33SXABw/edit?usp=sharing
- Use your worksheets (gold-showing the process of oil and coal formation).
- Other infö. in your 3-ring binder AND your journal.
- These links:
- What IS carbon? http://www.chem4kids.com/files/elements/006_speak.html
- What is the big deal with carbon? http://climatekids.nasa.gov/carbon/
WHAT IS GLOBAL WARNING AND CLIMATE CHANGE?
A Student’s Guide to Global Climate Change- http://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/kids/index.html
The Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming- simply put- http://envis.tropmet.res.in/kidscorner/greenhouse.htm
NASA’s Climate Kids- http://climatekids.nasa.gov
- Climate vs Weather- http://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/kids/basics/concepts.html
- Today’s Climate Change- http://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/kids/basics/today/index.html
- The Earth’s Climate in the Past- http://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/kids/basics/past.html
- Just Science- Earth Surface Temperatures- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/just-science/id480905653?mt=8
- Earth Now– NASA’s Earth Now is an application that visualizes recent global climate data from Earth Science satellites, including surface air temperature, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, ozone, and water vapor as well as gravity and sea level variations. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/earth-now/id494633346?mt=8
- Images of Change– https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/images-of-change/id710564941?mt=8
- Math Tappers– Carbon Choices- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mathtappers-carbon-choices/id386999548?mt=8
- Oroeco– Track your carbon footprint- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oroeco/id983454804
- Offset-Take matters into your own hands and help cut back on carbon emissions to slow the pace of global warming. Part pong, part resource-management, and 100% retro, this game is challenging, exciting, and educational. Players learn how the global carbon cycle works, about different sources of carbon, and about the ways alternative energy and reforestation can help offset those sources. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/offset/id895952566?mt=8