PART 1: WARM UP 1WarmUp-Earth’s Spheres
PART 2: JOURNAL SET-UP
- Page 28– Glue in unit standards.
Page 29– Title page: Write the title, Connecting Earth’s Spheres and Systems. Design a colorful and detailed page that relates to the topic and title. Use information in your Notability Notebook or Google images for Earth’s Spheres for ideas.
- Pages 30 and 31: Cut out the BIG IDEA questions and glue them in the middle of pages 30 and 31. Color or highlight each question with a different color so they stand out.
Part 3: CREATING CONNECTIONS
- The class chooses one observation from page 33 of our journal.
- Class is split into groups and each group creates a model of Earth’s interacting spheres on a whiteboard based on that observation. (Use hydrosphere, lithosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere, only.)
- Model includes drawing, labeled spheres, and a little “blip” on how the spheres connect.
- Students will view other models and then return to theirs for final editing.
- Each student will take a picture of their model, erase the boards, and groups will then take turns sharing their models and connections.
Part 4: Earth’s Sphere/System Connections OUTPUT
- The rubric for INPUT and OUTPUT can be downloaded HERE- Journal-Earth’s Connecting Spheres
- Focus will be on completing #1 using iPads, hand drawings, or a combination of both. Student choice.