- WARM UP: Is a Seed Alive? Formative Assessment.
- PRACTICE QUIZ: Alive or Not? Practice Quiz. http://www.quia.com/quiz/5529329.html
PART 2: Characteristics of Living Things Review
- Presentation- Alive or Not Overview 2015
- DEFINE: Students define both words on the top of a notebook page.
- Stimulus– A change in an organism’s environment that causes it to respond in some way.
- Response– A reaction or reflex caused by a change in an organism’s environment. (Another way to think about it: A reaction or reflex caused by a stimulus.)
- WATCH: Movie: Stimulus and Response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-evXswaQs&index=9&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUf90j4EZ_YlIWlkHz30jvmc
- APPLY: Below the definitions students will write down 4 examples of a stimuli and a response. They will compare their answers, trying to get other examples from peers.
- APPLY: Students will do vocabulary boxes for both STIMULUS and RESPONSE.