Assessments and Work Notices
- CHECKLIST– Be sure you have the following things done on this list that was handed out last THURSDAY: homework 10:22
- MEASUREMENT RETAKES- Tuesday is the last day to make a plan to retake your measurement assessment. Friday is the last day to actually take the reassessment. I am after school on Monday and Tuesday for anyone that would like to meet with me.
- Journals– ALL journals should have been passed in to me by now to be graded. If you haven’t passed yours in, I need it ASAP!
- Upcoming– There will be a quiz over the Characteristics of Living Things this coming Friday. A review quiz and outline will be available on Tuesday.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 26TH CLASS
PART 1: What is the Difference Between Atoms and Cells?
We are using a formative assessment over Atoms and Cells to see if we understand the difference and are putting our thoughts in our science journal on pages 24 and 25.
- Students will discuss their thinking with their group and answer 1st Thinking.
- They will compare what they think with others, participate in a class discussion and then respond to the 2nd Thinking.
PART 2: Notability Introduction
- Open the Notability app and follow the instructions from the WELCOME page.
- Create a DIVIDER for SCIENCE (and any of your other subjects if you want).
- Create a SUBJECT called ALIVE OR NOT for your science divider.
- We will then download the review below and put it into the ALIVE OR NOT subject.
PART 3: Characteristics of Living Things Review
- Presentation– Alive or Not Overview 2015
PART 4: RESPONSE and STIMULUS
- Movie: Stimulus and Response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-evXswaQs&index=9&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUf90j4EZ_YlIWlkHz30jvmc