- Bill Nye Rocks and Soil– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhO8YocjfzE
- WORKSHEET– As you are watching- fill in the answers for the worksheet: Bill Nye Rocks and Soil Worksheet
INVESTIGATE- check out the following sites after Bill Nye
DOWNLOAD to Notability- Discovery Kids Rock Cycle (Put in Notability)- Rock Cycle KIDS DISCOVER
WATCH– Use headphones, please.
- Make Me Genius- Rock Cycle- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoSUgIgQF0
- KHAN Academy- The Rock Cycle– https://www.khanacademy.org/partner-content/mit-k12/mit-k12-biology/v/rock-cycle
- Our World: The Rock Cycle– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRaInMDNyE8
- Rock Odyssey: This is one NOT to miss! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8BUc4zEUyw
- Diagram and Interactive Rock Cycle http://www.learner.org/interactives/rockcycle/diagram.html
- Pearson/Prentice Hall Rock Cycle Interactive– http://www.phschool.com/atschool/phsciexp/active_art/rock_cycle/
- Rocks and the Rock Cycle– http://www.classzone.com/books/earth_science/terc/content/investigations/es0602/es0602page01.cfm
- The Learning Zone- Rock Cycle– http://www.oum.ox.ac.uk/thezone/rocks/cycle/
- Common Rocks Reference– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/common-rocks-reference/id301217333?mt=8
- The Rock Cycle– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-rock-cycle/id471106554?mt=8 (Thank you, Chase, for finding this.)
CHALLENGE (and more fun, I think)
- Google some images on the rock cycle until you find a few you like and use the resources below. (See the image at the top and bottom of the page.)
- Draw your own ROCK CYCLE on a blank piece of paper or use an app to create your own.
- Be sure to include:
- Each part of the cycle.
- Descriptions that tell what is happening at each part of the cycle.
- Arrows to show
- Download and fill in this worksheet- http://www.quia.com/files/quia/users/rclingerman/The-Rock-Cycle
WATCH and DANCE
Rock Cycle Song– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lMdHzvGCQ