Click on image above to go to a larger copy.
We started watching this movie last week but will start it again from the beginning. As you watch think about your region:
- Is it in the Ring of Fire?
- What is happening in the RING OF FIRE that impacts your region?
- What is happening there that is similar to what happens in your region?
- What type of plate boundaries make up the ring of fire?
- What happens at those boundaries?
- What type of landforms are created at these boundaries?
- National Geographic Ring of Fire– http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/encyclopedia/ring-fire/?ar_a=1
- NOAA: Ring of Fire– http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/facts/rof.html
- Assignment Discovery: The Ring of Fire– http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/29458-assignment-discovery-the-ring-of-fire-video.htm Great video and links to others from here on volcanoes and plate tectonics.
- Ring of Fire Plate Boundaries– http://www.greenspeardesign.com/images/plates.gif
- Plate Boundaries Image– https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/50/28/58/502858807aa8b8211b5ad1f8acd2bb78.jpg and related news article from the BBC– http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8284372.stm
- Ring of Fire Map– http://www.nature.nps.gov/geology/education/images/GRAPHICS/Lillie_2005_Plate_Tectonic_Map-01.jpg