ONLINE EARTHQUAKE GLOSSARY– http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/glossary/
- Seismograph vs Seismometer– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbd1FcuLJLQ
- Actual Earthquake Reading– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAFBsTde9w&list=PLJ7sczsg6muW-QHxAvd-XCGH4ng3qq2O3 Seismograph of the Institute of Earth Sciences, Askja, University of Iceland, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland. Earthquake info: Magnitude: 6.2, 2008 May 29, 15:46:01 UTC, Location: 64.026°N, 20.986°W, South Iceland. Author: http://www.isgeo.net/
- Earthquake Magnitudes Compared– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNN7eDXzlMo
- Earth Science Interactive Glossary– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/interactive-science-glossary/id792926257?mt=8
- EARTHQUAKE SIMULATION- Sim EarthQuake
SIMULATING SEISMIC WAVES
- Seismometer 6th– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seismometer-6th/id362472189?mt=8 Takes advantage of the built in accelerometer in your iPad.
- What is an Accelerometer? Go to Explain That Stuff– http://www.explainthatstuff.com/accelerometers.html
- iJishin Seismometer– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ijishin/id386745649?mt=8
- QuakeFeed– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quakefeed-earthquake-map-alerts/id403037266?mt=8 Earthquake Map, Alerts and News – World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps
- Quakes- Earthquake Notifications– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quakes-earthquake-notifications/id327046574?mt=8
- Oz Quake https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oz-quake-earthquake-map-news/id395928613?mt=8
- Quick Quake– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quick-quake/id743534887?mt=8 Quick Quake is an earthquake data analysis tool that allows users to quickly determine the epicentre and magnitude of an earthquake by simply picking a P wave and S wave arrival from a single seismograph, then moving the epicentre around a map until the seismograms from the other seismographs line up in time.