Tasks for today include, in this order:
CORRECT HOMEWORK– Sit in a small group and correct your worksheet that is due today together. Discuss your answers. Make sure you have all correct answers as this will be a study guide for a quiz.
RE-WATCH MOVIES– You watched a couple movies before our break about how we know about the structure of the Earth. Rewatch these movies to remind you of what we saw. I prefer that you do this as a class having someone project the movie and everyone watch together so you can discuss what you are seeing. If there are issues, you can watch individually or with a friend using headphones. THERE ARE THREE PARTS TO THIS ASSIGNMENT:
- BRAINSTORM– Get a What I Know/What I Learned sheet from the substitute. You can also download one here to type on. You’ll have to put it in Notability, first, because it is a PDF document: Know/Learned Chart
- The Core of the Earth|100 Greatest Discoveries– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCeSP8bqY1w&index=5&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUdDmLGBdPPcE4uN9rVSb6DX
- Earth’s Interior: Seismic Evidence Explanation– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY6SG7GPAlo&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUdDmLGBdPPcE4uN9rVSb6DX&index=6
- S-Waves, P-Waves and Shadow Zones- http://www.iris.edu/hq/programs/education_and_outreach/animations/18
- COMPARE– Compare your answers with at least two other people to get as much information as possible.
EXTRA TIME? Practice Quizlet as you will be having a vocabulary quiz soon.
- Discovering Earth’s Interior: I added some more words to this last night.
- Longitudinal and Transverse Waves
- Waves Within Our Earth