What is an Invasive Species?
- Native: A species that occurs naturally in an ecosystem. No human influence.
- Non-native: Not originally from the area it is found growing but does not cause harm to the ecosystem. (Sometimes called alien or exotics.)
- Invasive: A species that is non-native to an ecosystem and is likely to cause economic or environmental harm or harm to human health.
Ms. Fitz’s Invasive Species Movie Collection
- Invasive Species Spreading Across America– http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUssO68D2eM&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUdDEIZ-de8MeUAx641dAC7z
- Foes of the Forests- Maine’s Trees at Risk– http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qubQVLDSGhE&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUdDEIZ-de8MeUAx641dAC7z
- Green Crabs in Freeport– http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r070MIl_krY&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUdDEIZ-de8MeUAx641dAC7z
- Minnesota Waters at Risk– http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IobWB1yZHm8&list=PLRg-eXrZuuUdDEIZ-de8MeUAx641dAC7z