Now that we have finished our unit on the flow of energy in ecosystems, it is time to answer our big idea question:
WHICH TYPE OF ORGANISM IS MOST IMPORTANT FOR ENERGY TO FLOW THROUGH AN ECOSYSTEM?
On pages 2 and 3 of our journals we have summarized the major parts of our learning with statements that may help us to answer this question. We’ve talked about
- Types of consumers/organisms.
- Food Web Role: Which organisms play a key role in food chains or food webs?
- Photosynthesis Energy Flow: What impact does photosynthesis have on the flow of energy in an ecosystem?
- Decomposers: What role do decomposers play in the flow of energy in an ecosystem?
- Predators: What is the role of predators in the flow of energy in an ecosystem?
- You will use the information from your journal to answer THE BIG IDEA question.
- You will support your answer with as many details and examples that you can from your journal, science notebook, or other resources (please cite).
- Create a concept web will be created using one of two tools:
- Bubbl Us on the computer. (Actually…this will be the best choice.)
- Idea Sketch on the iPad.
- You may work with a partner who shares your belief in which type of organism is the most important for energy to flow through an ecosystem or you may work alone.
- REMEMBER: There is no right answer, only right ways to support your answer with examples and evidence.
- The center bubble/text box must start out _________________ are the type of organisms that are the most important for energy to flow through an ecosystem.
- There must be three facts that support this theory.
- Each of these facts must be supported by two pieces of evidence or supporting information.
- Color needs to be used to indicate the different levels or to prove a point. There needs to be a system or pattern.
- Writing conventions must be correct.
- Ideas and facts must be expressed clearly. Connecting details and facts must clearly support your statements.
- BUBBL US– https://bubbl.us/: Create an account with your school email. Use the same user name and ID as your school email address.
- IDEA SKETCH
- Video of how to use Idea Sketch– http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn34d8f_qRo It is a little slow but a good over view.