CHARACTERISTICS OF LIVING THINGS- All living things:
- Have cells
- Sense and respond to change
- Have DNA/heredity
- Use energy
- Grow and develop
- Give off waste
- Life Processes– http://www.zephyrus.co.uk/characteristics.html
- Key Resource Page- FUNCTIONING OF ORGANISMS (Characteristics of Living Organisms) at http://www.le.ac.uk/se/centres/sci/selfstudy/org.htm
- Non Living and Living Things– http://www.saburchill.com/chapters/chap0001.html
YouTube Videos- Use headphones, please.
- Cookie Monster- Alive or Not? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj610Jiso58&feature=related
- Characteristics of Living Things Review– about 3 minutes. Good and Fast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N9LvFXgpsQ
- Visual and Oral Review by Educator.com– about 8 minutes- very detailed and great to watch if you missed class. http://www.youtube.com/user/EducatorVids2?v=p1wBNVKjdME&feature=pyv
- Living and Non Living Things Quiz– http://www.saburchill.com/questions/lanlt001.html
- Characteristics of Life Quiz– http://rcs.rome.ga.us/hargett/biology/intro/t1q2.htm
- Traits of Life, a fun site to explore– http://www.exploratorium.edu/traits/exhibits.html
OTHERS– some of these may be pretty hard but you can still learn new things if you give them a try.
- Quia Games Collection on Characteristics of Living Things– http://www.quia.com/jg/309852.html Caution- some load really slow.
- Characteristics of Living Things Hangman– http://www.studystack.com/hangman-50724
- Characteristics of Living Things Flash Cards- http://www.studystack.com/studytable-13626