Wednesday, March 28th
1. We worked on the assignment: Minerals in Our Home, which is due on Friday, March 30th. To do this assignment you needed the orange sheet from Ms. Fitz and two websites on the blog:
- HOUSE SIDE- Minerals Used in Your Home– Interactive- http://content3.jason.org/resource_content/content/digitallab/9958/misc_content/minerals.html
- SITE FOR THE DATA TABLE- Minerals and Their Uses– http://www.scienceviews.com/geology/minerals.html
2. I handed out a vocabulary list for the mineral unit. Here is a link to a copy of the definitions: https://fitz6.wordpress.com/mineral-unit-vocab/ Be sure to get a copy for your science notebook.
HOMEWORK: Minerals Used in Your Home- Due Friday
Tuesday, March 27th
- Finished making observations of physical properties of rocks and minerals.
- Added and reviewed information in Venn diagrams.
- Handed out vocabulary sheets and we defined minerals, rocks, and inorganic.
- Mineral- A solid, inorganic substance. Has the same chemical make-up throughout. (Made of only one type of element or compound.) *A pure substance.
- Rock- A solid mixture of minerals and other materials.
- Inorganic- Not alive or made of living (or once living) things.
- Began activity on Minerals in the Home in Core 1.