1. Use the notebook check given to you by Ms. Fitz to make sure you have everything in your notebook that is needed.
- Check the order of the requirements.
- Remember, it is your responsibility to keep track of this information and you will not be given additional copies.
2. Complete any unfinished vocabulary word pages.
- Go back to the Friday, October 22nd post for hints on how to “tweak” the vocabulary words species, ecosystem, biodiversity, and biosphere.
- Download the Native or Not slide show for the native, non-native and invasive species vocabulary words. (I changed the slide show last night to include some examples on non-native species.)
- This is a great link on the difference between non-native (nonindigenous) and invasive species.
- This is another good link from the Gulf Coast Research Laboratory.
- Use the Ecology/Vital Signs links on the Science Fitz website to finish any words or look for examples of specific Maine species; native or invasive. Or go to the Vital Signs Species Resources for a list.
3. Go to the Vital Signs website and look at work that other students have done under the Explore Data link. You must do a summary of one of the reports using a summary sheet from Ms. Fitz. If you need, here is a WORD copy and here is a .pdf.
- Click on one of the images to see what data is taken by students. Look at the field notes. What are pictures being taken?
4. Explore the websites on the Ecology/Vital Signs Resource pages. You may go to these websites, ONLY!